I’m so glad to be back to blogging after an intense final two weeks of my summer university course. Now I have an entire month of relaxation before the fall semester (and ensuing craziness) begins again.
I am shooting for a few jobs in NYC this week before I jet back to Europe for the remainder of the summer, so I thought it was the perfect time to share with you what I’ve been carrying around with me all summer long!
- My satchel bag from Saint Laurent. The perfect size for carrying around everything from iPads to makeup. I love the structured look and the snakeskin accents give it just a little bit of edge.
- Sugar Tinted Lip Balm from Fresh in Tulip. This balm is so hydrating, has SPF 15, and a wonderfully fresh, citrus scent. It’s perfect for that barely there, but just slightly “enhanced” color.
- Saint Laurent Card Holder. This thing is perfect. It carries all my cards, plus has a little zipper pocket for cash. I stash this in my clutch purses when I’m going out, and I know I always have everything I need!
- Footgloss. My mother got me this for my birthday! I keep it in my bag for those days when I’m doing a lot of walking or sightseeing. Even the most comfortable pair of shoes can rub blisters after a while. With this you simply rub it on where there’s friction, and it creates a glide that keeps blisters at bay. It’s also really natural, fragrance and paraben free!
- Bittersweet Hair Tie Bracelet. The one accessory I’m always sporting (that I wish I wasn’t) is a hair tie on my wrist! If I put it in my bag, it disappears! This bracelet is so revolutionary because it makes an unsightly hair tie into a fashion statement. It looks like a really chic gold bracelet when on, and I also love it because it keeps the hair tie from making an indent in my wrist. Double win!
- Venture Card from Capital One. My favorite credit card ever! I’m always traveling, but keeping up with those airline rewards miles is a total headache. With this card, every dollar I spend goes towards 2 airmiles on any airline, anytime. All Capital One cards also have no foreign transaction fees (even most debit cards have a sneaky 3% fee), meaning that this is the only card I use when I travel abroad.
- SONY RX100 IV. I just got this point and shoot camera, which is super compact, but delivers a stunning image quality with superspeed imaging. I love my Canon DSLR, but I found that on my travels I needed something small and lightweight that I could leave in my purse without thinking twice! This little camera now goes with me everywhere, and is perfect for capturing candid, unplanned moments. The images are so close to DSLR quality, far surpassing my iPhone every time.
- Bose SoundSport headphones. These are the only headphones that I find both comfortable and that actually stay in my ear (even while running)! The sound quality is amazing. I also have the noise-cancelling version, which are pretty cool (the only caveat is that you have to charge the noise-cancelling ones, so I almost like these originals better!).
How is your summer going? What are some of your essential summer finds?
Let me know in the comments!
Until Next Time.