Tomorrow (Wednesday) is National Margarita Day! Who knew such a joyous occasion existed?
There’s no denying that a well-made margarita can inspire a warm, beachy feeling no matter the weather, and the weather we’ve been having makes me want to sit on a cool restaurant patio and sip margaritas until spring arrives. Here’s our round-up of the 10 best/coolest/most interesting margaritas to try for your humpday cocktail break.
1.La Esquina ($14-$16) [Nolita] — With three different types of margaritas, there’s something for everyone at this NYC classic Mexican spot in Nolita. Includes a classic, fruit flavored, and white margarita.
2. Davio’s Manhattan Bar ($15) [Midtown East] — Manager & resident tequila connoisseur, Jenny Schubert is serving up one of her specialties: the Italian Margarita. Blood orange juice, Campari and of course the Italian twist, Limoncello; this bright and festive cocktail will kick start your summer season with a twist sure to have you saying ‘Salute!’ far before the evening is over.
3. El Camion Cantina ($9-$13) [East Village] — So many margs to choose from! Including a Hibiscus version with jalapeño, lime, agave, and hibiscus. They also have La Natural margarita made with organic tequila for those health-conscious chicks among us. Yum!
4. Tacombi ($13) [Nolita, Flatiron, Bleeker St., & Montauk] — Did you say margaritas by the pitcher? For $49 bring all your friends and camp out at one of their 3 NYC locations, or take a well deserved trip to Montauk. You’ll thank us later.
5. El Rio Grande ($12) [Murray Hill] — A classic, like our moms got drunk here on Happy Hour cocktails in the 80’s. Speaking of which, the Happy Hour special includes the lime house margarita for $8 #thriftyandtipsy. Caveat emptor: you might be dancing on the tables after just one of these curiously strong bevs.
6. Horchata ($14) [Greenwich Village] — Pomegranate, Guava, Cucumber, oh my margarita! Plus, you can pick up a classic Mexican spiked horchata while you’re at it, which is a delicious almond milk-like beverage.
7. Black Ant ($12) [East Village] — Smoky jalapeño margarita. Need I say more? Oh yea, also comes by the pitcher.
8. Gran Electrica ($13) [DUMBO] — Brooklynites, you have to check out our fave spot for margaritas in DUMBO. For something a little different, try the Margarita de Remolacha with pueblo viejo blanco tequila, combier, red beet, lime, simple syrup, and lime salt.
9. La Palapa ($9) [East Village] — Cheap and delicious. Plus, you can mix and match tequilas, ooh la la. Hint: Bottomless brunch. $32. Saturdays and Sundays.
10. Tijuana Picnic ($14) [Lower East Side] — Super cute and good spot in LES. Tequila and mezcal focused cocktails and boozy brunch on weekends. Open until 3AM Wednesdays, so it’s a good place to end the night.
Send us your pics of margarita day celebrations! #nationalmargaritaday