So today is National Pi Day
– as in a day that “celebrates mathematics” – and usually we personally wouldn’t get behind such a holiday because… does anyone really LIKE math? BUT, lucky for all of us out there who aren’t algebra addicts, there is another kind of “pi” – a much tastier kind – and we’re definitely willing to celebrate that. We’ve rounded up some of the best spots in NYC to find pie today – no equations needed.
1. Crack Pie from Momofuku Milk Bar
It’s all in the name – this is literally like eating crack (well, not literally), but you get the point – be careful because you might devour the whole thing in one sitting. Pick it up on your way home from work today, or if you’re feeling extra ambitious, you can even make your own – Milk Bar provides the full recipe on their website
2. Little Pie Sampler from Little Pie Company
Why choose one type of pie when you can get four? The Little Pie Sampler includes four 5-inch pies: Old Fashioned Apple, Mississippi Mud, Key Lime and Sour Cream Apple Walnut.
3. Matcha Custard Pie from Birds Black
Matcha is still having a moment. Why not enjoy a little pie for breakfast this morning? The green is also helping us get in the St. Patty’s day spirit.
4. Bourbon Pecan Pie from Pies and Thighs
This pie is heavy on the bourbon taste, which we’re loving. No need to booze when you can #nom.
5. Sour Cherry Pie from Bubby’s
Cherries, butter and pastry crust? YES, PLEASE.