In case you haven’t checked Facebook since Friday, we’re here to tell you: it’s NYFW!
It’s the most glamorous and exhausting time of the year. Just seeing our fashion friend’s social media coverage makes us tired. So for those of you who are struggling to keep up the energy through NYFW, we asked a few of our NYFW guru’s (and Out Of Office NY Contributors) for their best tips on powering through a packed fashion week schedule.
Jordan Gill – @NewYorkCityStylist
- Food is definitely the biggest issue. Some events have drinks, some have snacks, some have both and some have neither! Definitely have a full meal – including and especially coffee – before you leave the house. No matter what time it is, you”ll regret it if you don’t. (I have been making Dunkin’ coffee in my french press at home everyday before NYFW!)
- Taking breaks is also crucial. Try to schedule so you have a few back to back events in the morning and a few back to back in the evening. I made sure to schedule my weekends that way. It’s unrealistic to think you’ll be out all day & night! You can go home, rest, recharge, eat and prepare for your next events. During my break this weekend i picked out my outfit for that night and for my photoshoot the next day. It was the best use of my time and I felt ready to take on the nights events!
- Take time to unwind, but socialize! After the shows were over, I really wanted to go crawl into bed. Instead I decided to have a drink with two of my blogger gal pals and I’m so glad i did! It gave us a chance to unwind about all things NOT related to NFYW, and was just the best ending to the day.
Jenna Jordan – @JennaJordan
- When you have back to back shows and even some at night Dunkin’ Donuts coffee refills are must to power you through.
- Also, always pack a big enough purse to carry an extra pair of flats. In between shows trust me, you’re gonna want those flats.
Alyssa Amoroso – @Publyssity
- In order to power through Fashion Week, you need to make sure you’re literally charged to full capacity!
- This means you’re running on enough sleep, your phone is at 100% battery, and you have coffee to accompany you between shows